As it is in Heaven
The Beatitudes are, as they were at the time, an indictment of the status quo; the greedy and powerful sucking up all the oxygen in a free-market economy.
Righteous comes down to acting with compassion.
When asked about which commandment was most important, Jesus said that it was to love God, and in the same breath added, and secondly to love your neighbor as yourself.
We can believe in the teachings of Jesus our whole lives for our own personal salvation, but if we don’t act as He taught us, how are we doing God’s will on Earth?
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Let’s talk business :: From the Cross – 4th Saying (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Palm Sunday – Scenes on the Road to the Cross (mindrenewers.com)
- Jesus didn’t command us to “go to heaven” (ptl2010.com)
- Beatitudes (menofmud.org)
- Jesus Christ-Who Is He? (shirlblake.com)
- An Introduction to – Message of The Beatitudes – Matthew 5: 1-12 (pastorswifelife.com)
- An Introduction to – Message of The Beatitudes – Matthew 5: 1-12 (pastorswifelife.wordpress.com)
- The Beatitudes Part One (80intheblue.wordpress.com)