Urban Service Area
According to Hillsborough County the goals of the Urban Service Area are to:
- provide and preserve a choice of lifestyles in Hillsborough County
- construct cost-efficient urban infrastructure such as roads, schools, public safety, etc.
- preserve environmentally sensitive land
- reinvest in existing urbanized areas that might otherwise be neglected
- create higher-density land-use patterns that encourage a mix of use and patronage of multi-modal transportation.
Why then is the County pushing to extend the Urban Service Boundary along I-4?
Potential developers there will never pay for expensive new infrastructure. Somehow it will fall to taxpayers to build roads and water systems if we don’t say NO! now.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen