Not as smart as we think
Today’s St. Pete Times “Other Views” included a piece by Rex Smith about the working of democracy.
The real danger in a representative form of government such as we have in the USA however, is that those whom we elect to represent us, represent their own self-interests first.
Getting elected is about taking a public stance on issues that are in the best interests of those who finance that election.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Letters: Our elected officials have let us down (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Rex Smith: The hopeful post-voting days (timesunion.com)
- Informed, Engaged Voters Lead to Quality Public Leadership (politics.usnews.com)
- Party formation and ownership (vanguardngr.com)
- Sanusi is right in speaking out against the profligacy of the National Assembly, says Braithwaite (vanguardngr.com)