Wealth Creators not Job Creators
We do a serious disservice to ourselves and to this nation when we characterize American business owners as “Job Creators” instead of as “Wealth Creators”.
By definition, Wealth Creators are only concerned about workers to the extent that the labor of those workers will generate profits.
Also by definition, the Wealth Creators are only concerned about government to the extent that the government might reduce their profits either through taxes or regulation.
This is not because Wealth Creators are evil, it is because they are people.
In 1943 Abraham Maslow wrote A Theory of Human Motivation. In it, he outlined a hierarchy of which human needs necessary to be mastered before we sought fulfillment of other higher needs: physiological, safety, love, esteem, self-actualization, and self-transcendence.
For the Wealth Creators, one of the highest needs is to maximize net profits for themselves. Until some minimum levels of wealth and continued profits are achieved, the Wealth Creators will pay little attention to the needs of others, or the nation.
What of the most basic public needs for food, shelter, clothes and healthcare?
Until the Wealth Creators feel that they have enough, there never will be any reduced struggle by them against anything for anyone else.
Wealth alone is not the issue; it is how it is accumulated and how it is utilized.
To the extent that wealth was created through the exploration of others, and it not used to benefit the common good, it becomes the duty of government (we the people) to provide for the common good by incentivising the Wealth Creators to do the right thing.
Simply put: we either take care of each other because we want to, or because we have to.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Taxes and Job Creators (aphilosopher.wordpress.com)
- “Job Creators” As Psychopaths (marccooper.com)
- We America, We Few, We Many, We Speak, We Are. (fidlerten.com)
- Study: Racial wealth gap biggest ever (politico.com)
- Wealth Gap Between Whites, Minorities Widest in 25 Years (newser.com)
- The World’s Wealth Gap is Shrinking (creditloan.com)
- Downturn widens racial wealth gap (bbc.co.uk)
- Wealth Gap Grows Between Whites and Minorities (theroot.com)
- Wealth Losses, Percentages Do Not Tell Everything (businessinsider.com)
- Wall Street Jounal: Consumer Debt Killing Economy (middle-class-populist.com)