Job Creators sitting it out on piles of cash
Ironic that “Most big corporations are hoarding cash and waiting for consumers to start spending again.” – R. Trigaux, SP Times today –
Consumers are spending their remaining cash trying to survive while waiting for big corporations to create jobs.
Is this a chicken & egg sort of thing, or are the Job Creators playing chicken with the whole economy in the hopes that if they wait long enough, few people will demand full-time jobs, high wages or benefits?
Tea Party advocate claim that these same corporations will become Job Creators “if only” they were given bigger tax breaks and were free to do as they wished in the market place: clean air, water and safe food be damned.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Corporations ask for tax break to ‘create jobs’ but won’t tell how many American jobs they create (dailykos.com)
- Soylent Green Is Corporations! (krugman.blogs.nytimes.com)
- American Sauce: Why aren’t there more jobs? (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- “Record levels of cash are piling up in corporate treasuries, idling. The only way to break this…” (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Hugh Hewitt: “Bring Out Your Jobs”: Professor Alan “Cash-for-Clunkers” Krueger. Yeah. That’s the Ticket. (hughhewitt.com)
- Cassidy: Politicians and corporations are playing us for fools (mercurynews.com)
- Taxes and Job Creators (aphilosopher.wordpress.com)
- Corporate Cash Con (adailyglimpse.com)
- Uncorporate Kodak! (truthonthemarket.com)
- Rick Perry says no stimulus when he’s president (cbsnews.com)