Vow to Veterans
Yo, St. Petersburg Times editors: about your Opinion today.
Did we hear the same Obama speech on war veterans?
YOUR Opinion was that he promised too much for those military veterans who were wounded or became ill as a result of duty in a combat area and that they should “shoulder the same burden” as the rest of us.
Unlike service in the U.S. military, I doubt very much that St. Pete Times’ employment contracts include a provision requiring the risk of life and limb.
The next time you are in the neighborhood of the Tampa James A. Haley Veterans Hospital on your two good legs, stop by the Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center with your two good eyes and then write with your two good hands about “sharing the burden”.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Obama Vows Solid Support for Veterans (vcasny.org)
- At War Blog: Obama Makes a Vow to Veterans, but Can He Keep It? (atwar.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Veterans Assistance & Asbestos Exposure (mesotheliomaresourceonline.com)
- Vowing to act for veterans (thehill.com)
- Midday Muse: Veterans Day, Your Way (casasugar.com)
- Twenty-Year-Old Veteran Takes Command of Her Local VFW (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Obama salutes veterans for ‘extraordinary burden’ (msnbc.msn.com)
- Obama Says Veterans’ Programs Must Survive in Budget Fight (businessweek.com)
- Cherokee Holiday Event Honors Military Service (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Tampa VA Polytrauma Patients Get Private Rooms, Showers (offthebase.wordpress.com)