Rush of job ideas before Obama’s speech
There is nothing new about the ideas coming out of the far-right corporate-America agenda: less regulation, lower taxes . Neither of these has as its purpose, to put people back to work.
The goals of less regulation and lower taxes are those of reduced costs and higher profit for corporations; the general public be damned.
How does letting big corporations keep more of their profits to pay out to the owners “create jobs” for the rest of us?
Those companies are sitting on all their profits now, why would that change if they could sit on even more profits?
Unless you are employed in some high-end industry such as building mansions, private jets or yachts, there is little trickle down to otherwise unemployed workers.
That great bug-a-boo of “regulations”, such as those which restrict companies like mining companies from dumping toxic waste into our rivers, are regulations that protect We The People.
These companies see nothing wrong with screwing up the environment, if we let them. Only when we try to “regulate” how much they can dump on us, do they get all feisty and claim that WE are causing unemployment.
Without regulations, we would still have acid rain killing our forests and taking the paint off cars.
Without regulations, many more thousands of Americans without seat-belts would die in auto accidents.
Each of these regulations were fought against by big, for-profit corporations.
Regulations are necessary because there is no profit incentive for “Big Business” to otherwise act in our interests. Without regulations, Big Business will act in their own self-interest.
If Big Business becomes exempt from paying taxes, the cost of running our country will fall to the workers only.
Big Business wants to take America’s natural resources to sell on the world market for their own profits. What about We The People who are the true owners of America’s oil, coal, trees, air, water and minerals?
If Big Business wants to only act in their own self-interest by exploiting us and the environment, it is up to We The People to ensure that they act responsibly.
We The People are not job killers;
We The People are being killed instead by corporate greed in the pursuit of ever-greater profits.
The whole far-right Republican/Tea Party plan seems to be based on holding American jobs hostage until Big Business is allowed to act in any manner they wish, while taking out all the profits for themselves.
Workers are seen as mere tools for corporate profit, not as the people who make this county great.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- John Fullerton: How CEO Leadership Can Save Labor Day 2012 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Suggest ways for the government to offload foreclosed properties? (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- The Myth Of Over-Regulation (underpaidgenius.com)
- Sarah Palin’s Iowa Speech Transcript (thepalinexpress.wordpress.com)
- You Gotta’ Keep Laughing (mountainperspective.wordpress.com)
- Overheard on CNN.com: Skepticism for Obama’s job progam (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Fact-Check: Romney’s USA Today Op-ed Vs. Reality (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Americans fixing America’s Problems (theunionews.com)
- Obama on Labor Day: No measures to address historic jobs crisis (weblog1848.com)
- Sarah Palin Fires Back At Obama And Hoffa (thepalinexpress.wordpress.com)