British Colonialism and Palestine
Why is the United States so deeply involved with the religious struggle over control of Palestine?
Palestine was part a tolerant, just and civilized Ottoman Empire for 400 years before World War I, at which time Britain separately promised Arabs and Jews a “homeland” there.
As a direct result of British colonialism and its double-dealing with both parties, we are witnessing armed conflict between Palestinians wanting space to live, while the Israelis push into more areas of Palestine in order to gain living space for its people.
In recent history we witnessed the dire consequences of one people coveting another’s land in the name of living space.
Why doesn’t Britain man-up to its responsibilities for creating the Palestine/Israel mess and take THE active role in resolving the situation by doing something constructive to prevent another human catastrophe?
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- You: Palestine Accuses Tony Blair of “Bias” (thedailybeast.com)
- IS TREATMENT OF THE PALESTINIANS FAIR? by William Reed Columnist (curmilus.wordpress.com)
- PressTV: Britain declines Palestine statehood bid (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Economy of Mandate Palestine (ask.metafilter.com)
- Palestine bids for statehood with UN (rt.com)
- Statehood would make equal partner of Palestine (rt.com)
- Phony History: Why There Will Be No Peace in Judea Or Palestine Or Israel or Whatever (middleeastatemporal.wordpress.com)
- Syria And Iran Before Palestine (democracyforum.blogspot.com)