Advice for protesters
Of the many letters the Tribune editors receive each day, why did they deem the one from Jeff Hill (Advice for protesters) worthy to be Letter of the Day?
I agree that new wealth is being created by “the rich” but it is consciously being withheld from too many of the rest of us.
The Republican leadership has clearly stated that the Job Creators are “on strike” and are unwilling to invest in new jobs until they get for themselves the “certainty” of lower taxes and fewer environmental regulations.
These Job Creators and their puppet-politicians even go so far as to say it is OK to discriminate against the unemployed; deny health insurance to those with pre-existing illnesses, and to weaken the public education system in favor of private schools.
It is not the wealthy ser se who are the target of these protests; it is those who have gained their wealth by exploiting their employees and the environment, while withholding care to those in need.
The Tea Party movement and the Far Right conservatives claim to be all about supporting a so-called Christian country:
“But no honest and serious-minded man of our day can help seeing the incompatibility of true Christianity–the doctrine of meekness, forgiveness of injuries, and love–with government, with its pomp, acts of violence, executions, and wars.” –Tolstoy– (from The Kingdom of God Is Within You)
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Tea Party Leaders Dub Wall Street Movement ‘Human Sea Of Discontent’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cantor spokesman tries to “clarify” attack on #OccupyWallStreet protesters (americablog.com)
- Pointless Protestation (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Nancy Pelosi Weighs In On Wall Street Protests, Pushes Back On Eric Cantor’s ‘Growing Mobs’ Criticism (huffingtonpost.com)
- DAVID FREDDOSO: A Letter To The New York City Protesters. “Those people you left stuck in traffic … (pajamasmedia.com)
- Herman Cain Knocks Occupy Wall Street Protesters (theroot.com)
- Tells It Just Like It Is: Herman Cain Steps Up His Attacks On Occupy Wall Street Protesters (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- How To Destroy A Grassroots Movement (dontfeedtheanimals.net)
- Of PR and Protest: ‘The Times They Are A-Changin’ (prsay.prsa.org)
- Tea Party leader rejects comparison to Occupy Wall Street protests (thehill.com)