Free market capitalism?
I read today in the SP Times that local hotels are learning first hand from the GOP convention organizers the meaning of “free market capitalism”.
Despite having signed commitments for hotel room reservations for the 2012 Republican nominating convention, organizers are telling (not asking) those hotels to not only lower the agreed upon special room rates, but for them to also kick back 10% of each room sale to Republican Party coffers.
Will the organizers coerce our hotels by threatening to move the convention if they don’t get their way?
Good riddance; and let that be a lesson to all of us on how our social economy really works under this brand of free market capitalism.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- The Good Side of Free Market ‘Inequality’ (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- Do you still believe in any of these? [RealSteveHolmes Seven yrs on Ecademy] (ecademy.com)
- Sovereign Man Notes from the Field Date: October 20, 2011 Reporting From: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (capecoralblogger.wordpress.com)
- Occupy the World Manifesto (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- The Free-Market Case Against The Big Banks (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Free the Free Market (spillingink.net)
- Has Capitalism Ever Existed in America? Or has it always been a fascist country? (tipggita32.wordpress.com)