Christ’s Two Great Commandments
For Evangelical Christians, Jesus made it clear what was expected of them in Matthew 22:36-40
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment.
And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.”
The Ten Commandments, written by the finger of God and given to Moses on Mt. Sinai taught us to how to love God and how to love one another:
“You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve,” “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain,” and “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
“Honor your father and your mother,” “You shall not kill,” “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife,” and “You shall not covet your neighbor’s property.”
There can be no “free-market” profit from exploiting the poverty and suffering of others.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- The Ten Commandments: As Told By Republican White Jesus (whyyoumadson.wordpress.com)
- Won’t you be my neighbor? (psalm115.wordpress.com)
- My Belief On Why People Don’t Accept Jesus Christ (vidblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Perfection (anotherchristianblog.org)
- A Common Thread (defendingcontending.com)
- Examination of Conscience – The Ten Commandments (withallthesaints.wordpress.com)
- Why it is important to be a great student (erikbrewer.wordpress.com)
- The Dead Sea Scrolls, The Ten Commandments and Me (cosmictuesdays.wordpress.com)
- A Love So Great, We Don’t Understand (shirlblake.com)