Who exactly, is the “Committee on Arrangements” and why are they shaking down Tampa hotels for up to $100 per room, just for the privilege of booking Republican National Convention guests?
Is this free-market economics or is it an example of vulture capitalism?
I suspect that every downtown Tampa hotel could fully book every hotel room during convention week without the help of The Committee.
After all, isn’t the GOP all about laissez-faire and not about thuggery?
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Shakedown (rkhouse.wordpress.com)
- You: Tampa council earmarks $25 million for convention security (menafn.com)
- RNC punishes Florida GOP with second-class hotel rooms, etc. for early primary (tampabay.com)
- Republican National Convention brings talk of lockdowns in Tampa, beautiful light displays (tampabay.com)
- GOP officials talk convention plans in Tampa (sfgate.com)
- Tampa Mayor Criticizes GOP Campaigns: ‘This Has Been Nothing More Than A Mud Fest’ (mediaite.com)
- GOP not worried about convention protests, weather (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Hotels For Extra Convention Cops Will Cost $2m (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Video: With USF GOP debate comes protests, including Occupy and anti-Muslim pastor Terry Jones (digitalbullpen.com)