I am shocked to read about U.S. Government-funded International Republican Institute being accused by Egypt of meddling in their internal affairs.
That would never happen here.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Egypt relations at ‘tenuous’ moment (politico.com)
- Egypt says it’ll put 19 Americans on trial in pro-democracy probe (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Egypt: can’t influence democracy groups probe (sfgate.com)
- Egypt: can’t influence democracy groups probe (mysanantonio.com)
- Egypt: Can’t Influence Democracy Groups Probe (abcnews.go.com)
- Charges Against US-Aided Groups Come With History of Distrust in Egypt – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Egypt to try foreign non-profit workers (cbc.ca)
- Noose tightening on US aid to Egypt (devex.com)
- Egypt Ignores US, Will Try 19 Americans (abcnews.go.com)
- Egypt to Try 19 Americans in Case Straining Ties (time.com)
- The Huffington Post Headlines Game (polentical.com)