Money makes the world go ’round
“If all the rich and all of the church people should send their children to the public schools they would feel bound to concentrate their money on improving these schools until they met the highest ideals.“ Susan B. Anthony
Interesting headline in today’s Tampa Bay Times, questioning the high rents charged by a for-profit company to its own related non-profit charter school operators.
Is it merely coincidental that legislation is also being pushed through Tallahassee that would allow parents to “trigger” replacement of failing public schools for yet more charter schools?
It is unconscionable that Florida politicians are seemingly facilitating the further deterioration of our public schools by cuts in that funding while promoting charter schools.
They are worshiping at the temple of Mammon.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Charter Schools in Rick Scott’s Florida: Little Oversight and Lots of Cashing In (educationclearinghouse.wordpress.com)
- Bill would let school districts deny charters (sfgate.com)
- The insidious nature of vouchers (verbumsapienti.wordpress.com)
- What would Susan say? (verbumsapienti.wordpress.com)
- Black – White Flight (verbumsapienti.wordpress.com)
- SchoolBook: Huge Turnout Over New Williamsburg Charter School (nytimes.com)
- Enclave: Think this cannot happen here? (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
- House panel kills controversial charter school proposal (tampabay.com)
- Brent McKim defends the status quo against charter schools…oh my! (schansblog.blogspot.com)
- Cecil Brown: Charter schools not a ‘silver bullet,’ but something to explore (mississippipep.wordpress.com)