Stop exporting U.S. Gasoline
Gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel are now this country’s largest export.
These fuels are being sold on the “world market” because there is insufficient demand in the U.S. due ironically, to rising gas prices and higher-mileage vehicles being sold.
The Keystone Pipeline, environmental issues not withstanding, would be good for the Canadian oil export companies and good for the U.S. gasoline exporting companies but would have little lasting value to the average citizen.
That oil, once refined in the Gulf states would be sold as gasoline to South America, not North America.
The same issues involve additional oil drilling in the U.S. All that excess gasoline produce would be sold and shipped out of the United Sates, thereby keeping U.S. gas prices high.
Until our benighted elected government representatives ban all exports of U.S. produced oil products, we will have ever higher gas prices at the pumps and see ever higher, obscene profits going to oil companies.
What about it Congress?
Care to pass a law protecting The People of the United States of America instead of the oil companies?
What we have are war-mongering congressmen beating the drums for conflict with Iran, and shutting down their oil production just to further increase the “world market” for gasoline and increase oil companies profits.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- CHANGE: U.S. Nears Milestone: Net Fuel Exporter. “U.S. exports of gasoline, diesel and other oil-b… (pjmedia.com)
- Americans brace for higher summer gas prices (cbc.ca)
- Gasoline: The new big U.S. export (money.cnn.com)
- An ominous note in the happy melody of increased gasoline exports (hotair.com)
- Gas Prices Soar To Record Seasonal High (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gas exports soar, keeping U.S. price at pump high (sfgate.com)
- Fuel top US export for first time in 60 years (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- In a first, gas and other fuels are top U.S. export (mysanantonio.com)
- In a First, Gas and Other Fuels Are Top US Export (abcnews.go.com)
- In a first, gas and other fuels are top US export (sfgate.com)