New York’s newly-minted Cardinal Timothy Dolan is advising this nation’s Catholic Bishops to “become more political”.
Ever since the Rerum Novarum encyclical issued by Pope Leo XIII on May 15, 1891, The Church has been the champion of the working poor and the brotherhood of man; worthy ambitions which cut across all faiths and beliefs.
The Church does well to bring people into their faith.
The Church however, does less well trying to bring lifestyles based on their faith into the lives of non-Catholics.
Perhaps the whole world would get along better if we would just agree to come together on universal values, and leave each other to their own unique values?
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- John Gehring: The Catholic Case Against Rick Santorum (huffingtonpost.com)
- Catholic Cardinal Calls For ‘Freedom Of Religion Battle’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dolan Asks Catholics To Become More Active In Politics (mysanantonio.com)
- Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan Urges Catholics to Become More Politically Active (nytimes.com)
- Rejecting the Impostor Church- Fr.Michael Oswalt (mumbailaity.wordpress.com)
- John Hughes on The Recovery of Society and the Civilising of the Economy (bpdt.wordpress.com)
- Legal Challenge? – Cardinal Dolan’s Letter (intostillness.wordpress.com)
- Cardinal Dolan Blasts Contraception Rule (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Cardinal Dolan Blasts Contraception Rule (myfoxny.com)