Rush Limbaugh is beyond redemption.
After singling out Sandra Fluke for three days as a “slut” and “prostitute” for having the temerity to voice her women’s health care concerns before a congressional panel, Limbaugh offers a non-apology.
He says he should have chosen other words (daughter of joy? erring sister? woman of the town?) and he was really referring to the whole class of Georgetown University law students who testified that day, not just Fluke.
There is no room on our publicly owned and licensed airwaves for Limbaugh and his anti-woman vitriol.
Cancel Limbaugh or cancel his employer’s license.
<IMHO> Fred Jacobsen
- Limbaugh Loses Advertisers After Calling Woman A ‘Slut’ (alternet.org)
- Rush Limbaugh Calls Sandra Fluke a “Slut” “Prostitute” President Obama Contacts Fluke Who Responds to Comments (binsidetv.net)
- Dear Limbaugh: Birth Control Is Not Like Viagra (theroot.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For Calling Student A ‘Slut’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Not Gonna Take It Anymore”: Hold This Between Your Knees, Rush Limbaugh (mykeystrokes.com)
- My Take: Georgetown backs Fluke vs. Limbaugh for civility’s sake (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Rush Limbaugh calls a Georgetown University law student a “slut” and “prostitute” (haleybehre.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING: Rush Limbaugh apologizes for comment (haleybehre.wordpress.com)
- Rush Limbaugh apologizes for ‘slut’ remarks (fox13now.com)
- Limbaugh to law student: I’m sorry (seattlepi.com)