What if we just continue to exploit workers who have the right to have guns but have no right to support themselves and their families?
Oppression is felt not just from an unjust monarch, (remember the American and the French revolutions?) but from any perceived unjust control over people’s lives.
People aren’t going revolt for the lack of a BMW, they are going to revolt when they can’t bring bread home to hungry children. When they have no home.
Either we have a revolution in the way Americans help every other American help themselves, or there will be a cold dawn in our not too distant future when the hungry will just help themselves to what they see others have in abundance.
- Social Aspects in Interpreting the French Revolution, 1789 (manisalex.wordpress.com)
- The Necessity of Revolution (britishromanticism.wordpress.com)
- The French Turmoil- Vive la France! Part 2: Economic and Political Influences (historyrepublic.wordpress.com)
- Could America’s Wealth Gap Lead to a Revolt? (forbes.com)
- Famous Revolutions (famous101.com)